Keeping Up With Bob and Karen

Keeping Up With Bob and Karen

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

An Aussie Tall Tale

Karen and I are getting used to the "figures of speech" that our Aussie friends use. Check this out:

I put my togs on and jumped in the tinnie. The lumpy seas ensured that there might be some drama as I headed for land. I threw in my life jacket so I would not fall off the perch. I reckon I had to get to land or I would dip out. I had to ensure that I had all the bits in my pack. I did remember that I left some stuff in the boot. I hit the skids and turned the tinnie around. I jumped back in the tender and headed for my car and opened the boot. I spewed a bit but my mates yelled at me that I was late so I told them to stick it up their clackers.

Cheers

Bob and Karen

...perfectly clear, right. Back to the pool.

2 comments:

  1. "stick it up their clackers" Hmmm...I think that will catch on here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! There are times I know that I might want to say that here.

    ReplyDelete