Keeping Up With Bob and Karen

Keeping Up With Bob and Karen

Monday, September 27, 2010

Great Barrier Reef Fish

Snorkelling the reefs in the Whitsundays was indeed a very neat experience. There were so many different fish species. The fish and coral kept Karen and I entertained for hours. One day Karen was snorkelling for almost three straight hours. She was almost white when I made her hit the beach and warm up. We both gulped our share of salt water. Burp.

The ocean was so warm. We just wore our swim suits (Aussies call them togs). We saw some people in wet suits and others with a stinger suit on (a lycra one piece suit). There are few jelly fish this time of the year so Karen and I opted to just wear our togs, no budgie smugglers (speedo) on me. That would have sent all the fish to another reef for sure.

A parrot fish.

These guys came to visit us right at the sailboat.


Angel fish of all sizes were all along the reef.


1 comment:

  1. I love that you are getting to snorkel. It was one of my most favorite things to do in Hawaii. I would be out in the reef for hours and only go 50 m. Your pics are amazing... keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete