Keeping Up With Bob and Karen

Keeping Up With Bob and Karen

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Rain, Rainbows and a Pesky Brown Trout

Hi Everybody!

Karen and I are set up in southern New Zealand. We tried to escape the torrential rain around Greymouth. Well we were hit last night with a very intense storm that almost ruined our plans for today. We did have to escape rising muddy water and relocate upstream. We did find some nice rainbows and browns. I even emptied the fly box trying to get a 25 inch brown to take. About 10 fly changes and I got the pesky brown. It was feeding hard and totally oblivious to my attempts to catch him. The drama continued for almost an hour and finally a size 18 brassie got the job done. It was all about persistance. We even meet our first "wild" hedge hog on the way back.









1 comment:

  1. Well as much as I abhor nature, that hedgehog is pretty cute!!!

    Miss you guys tons and tons! :)

    ReplyDelete