Keeping Up With Bob and Karen

Keeping Up With Bob and Karen

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Arthur's Pass and Fly Fishing

Karen and I travelled back through Aurthur's Pass.


Castle Hill has some very interesting rock formations as you travel through Arthur's Pass.

Bob fly fishing Pearson Lake.


A one lane bridge which also doubles as a train bridge.

School is out in Greymouth.



Dave with a nice brown on.

This brown was hilarious. I caught him twice within two minutes.  He attacked my dry fly on the first drift as it travelled downstream. I set the hook before it turned upstream. The tustle was brief. I cast again to the fish which was still within casting range. It came over to inspect the fly but did not take. I cast again and the brown took a 7 or 8 foot run at the fly and engulfed it. I was incredulous  After a short battle the brown was netted. What a neat moment.





1 comment:

  1. Castle Hill looks fantastic. :) Very neat. The one lane bridge, however, is freaky. Hope it's not a very busy road!

    So glad you've got company. We miss you tons and can't wait to see you in Jan.

    ReplyDelete